Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review of: The 19th Element by: John L. Betcher


James L. Becker is an attorney, at least that's what those of his small hometown believe.  John and his wife Beth, worked as agents for the USA before settling down in Red Wing, MN.  Terrorism was their work.  They decide to leave the agency and live more quietly in Red Wing while their daughter attends college out of state.  James realizes the problems that came with being an agent followed them into private life.  He senses there will be a terrorist attempt at one of the local nuclear power plants. It begins with a dead body and then the pieces of the puzzle start falling in line.  


 This book is thought provoking, intelligent and amazing.  I love the idea of showing that Americans are complacent when it comes to terrorism even if they don't believe they are.  The characters are a wonderfully written group of people. You can imagine these people living in your own neighborhood. I like that it informed.  The two problems I found with this book is for many it will prove to be extremely detailed and technical.  This isn't an easy read for the weekend, at least not for most people.  I know many will enjoy this book, still there are some who will start it but not finish it.  I did finish but WOW was it challenging.


 I give this book 3 out of 5 books because of the extreme detail and technical writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment