Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review of: When a Duke Says I do BY: Jane Goodger
released on December 6, 2011


 Miss Elsie Stanhope has an unusual habit..she falls asleep most anywhere.  There is a reason for it. She's a pleasant young woman who has lost her mother and her twin sister.  She and her father are all that's left.  Miss Stanhope has been betrothed since birth and she is on pins and needles waiting to hear when her groom will claim her in matrimony.  Alexander then happens into her life. He's a mute but very strong and handsome. Miss Stanhope feels there is something he's hiding and she's determined to find out what it is.  If he's hiding a secret, it can change both of their lives forever.  Together they begin to unwind a lifetime of pain each has endured.  Love truly can't be arranged, bought or given up easily. The path they take bonds them in a way neither expected.


 This book is one I highly recommend to historical fans, but also to those looking for a new book.  The story is amazingly sad and lovely at the same time. After you read it, 'When a Duke Says I Do' will be on your bookshelf for years to come. You will want to read it over and over.  It shows love, pain and happiness can coexist in a relationship and help both parties to grow and learn.  I loved the idea of a fairy tale coming true for a man this time.  One you'll smile about and enjoy sharing with your friends!


I give this book 5 out of 5 books. Terrifically romantic and delightfully sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment