Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Deadline by Fern Michaels

  Four women who have been friends since grade school are now living together and sharing life.  They've helped each other through some trying times over the years. These aren't your typical senior citizens. These ladies all have talents and they use them every day.  Toots has the money and owns several businesses. Ida is the flirt and does make up for the deceased.  Mavis has a clothing line for those in mourning and for the deceased.  Sophie is they psychic and seance coordinator.   Together they solve some mysteries others can't.  They are the godmothers.


   I don't want to give to much away about this book because if I do, you'll know the whole story.  Funny, heartwarming and filled with excitement, this book is NOT one of Fern Michaels best efforts. The story starts off as them approaching one mystery and then when that story runs out of steam, and it does, it switches to another mystery and then yet another. I felt as if it was thrown together as snip-its of several stories and called one. I don't recommend this book and I love Fern Michaels books. I was very disappointed in this one.


I found too many stories all at once in one book. Too many characters and nothing tied together other than the four ladies who knew all these people.


I gave this book a 3 out 5 books because it was a big disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment