Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fever by Joan Swan

   Dr. Alyssa Foster's day was not going well. She was filling in for someone and not at all happy about it. As she entered the room, she was even more displeased to find her patients were prisoners.  With a sigh and a let's-get-this-done attitude she began the tests.  Suddenly she was being held with a pair of scissors at her throat. Scared, but even more mad, she tries to reason with the prisoners.  Teague Creek  has nothing left to lose. Three years in San Quentin prison for crimes he didn't commit and a life sentence made any possibility worth taking.  He just had one thing he needed to do. With this woman as his hostage, he could get what he wanted easily.  At least he thinks so.  These two end up going through more than either of them had ever dreamed of and it might...just might..turn out ok.


Powerful, intense and not what you'd expect describes this novel perfectly.  The amazingly sensual sex scenes even out all the violence in the story.  You think you know how this story will end, but you will be surprised at the detours along the way. You'll be angry, sympathetic and confused. It's a terrific book and I know you will read it again and again. 


I didn't find anything particularly wrong with it, but I will caution, if you are easily offended by racists remarks, you may have to skim over some parts.


I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it caught me off guard..and that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment