Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tessa's Treasures: Tales of the Scrimshaw Doll by Callie Hutton

  Lucas Raven had been married to the wrong woman for years. An unexpected pregnancy put his plans on hold for twenty five years. Then his wife died and he was free to move on.  He'd been in love with Annie Jordan since she was 17. She was his best friend's little sister and off limits then. Annie Jordan was hoping Lucas would wait for her to grow up. When he didn't, she moved on with her life.  Married to an abusive cop, Annie lived in terror.  Finally the two of them are in their hometown, unmarried and ready to admit and explore their feelings for each other. Annie a little gun shy since her marriage, moved very slowly toward Lucas. Strange things started happening to Annie. She thinks she knows why but isn't sure until the fire. Lucas is certain it's her ex husband trying to terrorize Annie and he's determined to find out why. One thing for sure, the love they share is as strong as ever.


   A loving and tender story about regaining trust both of self and others.  I think the approach to Annie's abusive marriage is done in such a way that it doesn't dominate the story, but you can tell it's an intricate part of it. The characters are real and very solid. I enjoy the fact Lucas isn't afraid to take things slow with Annie and loves her enough to put her first.  You'll enjoy this book.  The basic lessons learned in this one are ones we all need to keep in mind. As an ex abused spouse/girlfriend, I know how difficult it can be to find someone like Lucas. Thanks for this story Callie!


   I didn't find issues.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it touched my heart in a positive way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment