Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Turn The Tides Gently by Matt Wingett

 * novella*


   Dave has visions. Hallucinations. He's not sure why or what they mean, but he knows they are important. After losing his brother in a boating accident and his mother blaming him for his brother's death, Dave is placed in a halfway house.  His doctor believes he's making progress until Dave begins talking about messages he received from Jimi Hendrix. Then a mermaid says he must meet with her so she can tell him what's happening. Dave's visions are unique in that they show people and places from the past. He's not sure how it all fits together and when it does, he's more surprised than anyone.


    A terrific novella written in a way that makes you ponder your own dreams and thoughts. I enjoyed being able to look inside the mind of a 'mad man' and see a very normal human being. You can easily imagine taking the trip Dave does.  I highly recommend this novella. It's an easy short read, perfect for those times spent waiting somewhere. 


   I found no issues with this one.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because I'd like to believe there are mermaids.. somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment