Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

COMING IN JULY! Winds of Change by Mary Metcalfe

  Four people living life day to day but something was missing for each of them.  Jennifer, a social worker, had just settled her father into a full time care facility. He was suffering with Alzheimer's.  It was difficult but she knew it was for the best.  Lana, a nurse at the Brentwood facility, was busy raising her son alone and taking care of herself. Her husband died very young.  Mark had been in a deep depression since his mother died four years before. He was now looking for work and hoping to get back on track.  Ben, Mark's father and a world renowned journalist, was retiring. He'd decided his son needed him more than he needed to add to his PTSD.  Their lives collide and become more enriched.  Jennifer is Mark's social worker and gets him the job as head gardener at Brentwood.  Lana knew Jennifer from Brentwood and taking care of her father.  Ben is introduced to both ladies through Mark.  It may sound like a mess, but it's actually a love knot waiting to be pulled tight.


   We all deal with changes in our lives, it's just the way things are.  This book shows that it's really ok to embrace and accept those changes.  Superb writing. Fantastic, full, rich characters who aren't perfect and a little boy to lighten it all makes this book one everyone will enjoy.  I loved that these characters didn't have to change themselves, just redefine some areas that had long been swept away.  Descriptions in this book, whether of land, monuments or the sea were extremely well done. They placed you right in the story.  I'm sure we can all relate to at least one of these characters.


   I didn't find any issues.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it was so heartwarming and lovely.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review. Now, I just need to get the book out!! It's in 2nd revisions with the publisher. Hope the Clarion Review is half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help Mary. It's a terrific book! Good Luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to buy a copy and beg for an autograph!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Guess it would have to be the paperback version... unless I can figure out how to digitally sign the Kindle or Kobo version! :-)

      Delete
    2. Mary, For Kindle you can autograph. It's called a Kindlegraph. Electronic autographs. I have several from authors.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to get a copy too!!!! No begging needed on my part I hope! ;)
    Awesome job Mary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments! No begging required. I better practice writing with a pen instead of a keyboard though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a retired nurse, with a father who has Alzheimer's this book really appeals! Looking forward to adding it to my summer reads!

    ReplyDelete