Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Poppy-Awake: The Deadly Flowers Series by Riana Lucas

    Poppy has just been rescued by the Queen of Seelie's healers. They have taken care of her and watched over her closely.  Poppy remembers bits and pieces of what happened but not enough to understand why she's here.  Her dreams tell her something happened to her friends, Reed and Rho. She isn't sure what happened but she can feel it's dangerous.  Poppy can't understand why the Queen is so nice to her. She's a prisoner of the Queen's yet she has a lovely room, Willow, another Fae has been assigned to see to her every need and she's able to come and go at will. Holly, the prisoner Poppy had just before the Queen appeared, had the Queen's favor because her parents died in the human world.  Now, Holly can't understand why she's being placed second to Poppy. In time all will be explained to both Holly and Poppy. It's a shock Poppy will have to deal with.


     In the second book of The Deadly Flower Series, we learn even more about Poppy and her world. The story is action filled and well written. The characters believable and well defined.  I find this series to be an easy read and one you could definitely finish in  an evening or a day at the beach. I like that these Fae seem so realistic in some ways.  I highly recommend these books.


    I found no issues.


    I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it was able to keep going as if the story never stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment