Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Obsession Wears Opals by Renee Bernard

     Darius Thorne is a professor. A scholar. He's also a very handsome man. His life was quiet and full of education until the day she arrived. Nearly frozen and scared to death, Isabel turned Darius' world around in a matter of seconds.  Feeling protective of her from the start, Darius soon learned Isabel was an abused woman. Signs of a fresh flogging on her back and the nightmares she had confirmed his suspicion.  In no time at all, Darius had lost his heart to "Helen".  He knew he shouldn't get so close, but she was everything he'd ever wanted in a woman.  Helen was terrified of being found and receiving an even more severe punishment than the one she ran from.  It takes time but she does learn to trust Darius and his staff.  As with all good things, there is an end. Darius and Helen will fight for their love. They both only hope they can tame the beast who enters their loving world.

     Renee Bernard really did an excellent job of incorporating the abuse into the story without making the story only about the abuse.     I was amazed at the love, kindness and caring Helen receives from the people whose lives she is suddenly dumped into.  You'll fall in love with Darius because he's that quiet, bookish type you saw in college or high school and wanted to approach but were afraid you'd scare him off.  The characters are terrifically designed and fit this book in such a wonderful way. I highly recommend you check out this latest book in Renee Bernard's series "The Jaded Gentlemen".  This book knocked me off my feet in a fantastic way!

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because as a former abused woman, I'd love to have been in Isabel's shoes where Darius is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment