Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Decked With Holly by Marni Bates

  Having a special birthday celebration might be fun, if it didn't include Holly's cousins, Aunt and Uncle. They always made her feel out of place and not quite family.  Still it was grandpa's 75th birthday and he might not have many more, so Holly agreed to go along with plans.  Trying to save money to buy new clothes, Holly was willing to take almost any job.  It's a shame the one she chose came with it's own set of problems.  Thank goodness she has her best friend Jen to help her through it all.  The law of averages says Holly is due to have a break of good luck. She's hoping it happens soon.

     First I must admit I chose this book based solely on the title. I don't usually do that, but since I have a Holly of my own, wanted to peek into "that" mind a bit. *smile*  This one is a fun read for anyone but teens will find it especially fun.  Light-hearted, cute and what every pre-teen, teen, dreams of.  It's characters are normal teens. Nothing perfect or minus flaws. The story is one believable in our world of anything goes.  The laughs will come easy as will the tears. Enjoy it as much as I did.

     I found no issues with this one.

    I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because the smiles, laughter and yes even the tears were worth the trip through these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment