Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rain On Your Wedding Day by Curtis Edmonds

     Will Morse is an ex-football player. He's divorced and the father of four.  The "normal" part of his life ends there. He's suffered unimaginable tragedy in his life and now simply wants to have a good relationship with is middle daughter.  His life as a hermit living in a mountain cabin hasn't been easy but he saw it as necessary. Dot wanders into his life by accident, or so it seems, and Will finds he wants to be part of the world again. He wants to be with Dot and enjoy life.  Will has to let go of the tragedy before he can begin to live again.

     Curtis Edmonds did a fantastic job with this book. Well written with characters you want to reach out and hug.  The story is heartwarming, tragic but full of love and hope too. Viewing this situation from the male perspective is a journey through pain, guilt and self loathing.  Thankfully  though, it comes out right in the end. I applaud Mr. Edmonds first novel and can't wait until he writes more. 

     I found it drags in places but overall it's terrific.

     I gave this one 5 out of 5 cheers because the book moved me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment