Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Drive-Thru Shoes by Steven Brandsdorfer

    *Novella*

     The store was due to close this evening for renovation.  It would be awhile before the employees could come back to the job they loved to hate.  Manager Leonard Twilley was especially excited. He'd get to just relax and have fun.  Each employee comes to work with their own set of problems.  Will everything be settled by the close of the store or will they still be working on their problems when they come back to work. 

     Unique and funny story of employees at the "fast food" of shoes.  This is the first installment of this book and it's definitely not an ordinary subject to write about.  The writing is good and characters easily fit into our world.

     I did find issues. I felt the book and the subject really didn't make sense.  I understand the premise, but I can't imagine many wanting to read a soap opera style book. Not a very good soap opera style book.

     I gave this one 3 out of 5 cheers because this book just didn't make a connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment