Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Murder and Other Distractions by Michael Estrin

     Ethan is a writer at Rubber Necker, an online magazine.  His job is pretty boring and so is his life until he runs into The Girl Who Got Away.  Having gone to his favorite taco stand, he runs into The Girl Who Got Away and her new man.  He's jealous but that's as far as it goes.  When The Girl Who Got Away and her new man end up dead, Ethan is picked as the likely suspect. His life goes into a tailspin after that.  

  WOW! Where to start. This book is written in an easy style. It's character isn't real well defined but he's like-able. An adult book, you don't want to have this one around the young ones.  It is graphic and pretty open.  

   I did find issues.  It's rambling and incoherent.  It goes from a guy being a guy to a guy not knowing himself at all. Some may be offended by the story.  I wasn't pleased with it. The title in no way reflects the true story.

    I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because it really is just for guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment