Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

DAUGHTERS: THE GOOD AND THE BAD by Nonnie Jules

My name is NONNIE JULES, mom, wife, author, blogger and friend.  I became a published author in May of this year (2013) with the release of "THE GOOD MOMMIES' GUIDE TO RAISING (ALMOST) PERFECT DAUGHTERS", 100 Tips On Raising Daughters Everyone Can't Help But Love!  My second release was my debut novel entitled "Daydream's Daughter, Nightmare's Friend", which was recently published at the end of November.  I hope you all will check out both of my books at the links posted below.  I personally feel they are both great reads!

I would like to talk with you today about HOW TO HANDLE BAD BOOK REVIEWS.  I remember when my parenting guide was first published, I was contacted via Twitter by another author friend who wanted to bring to my attention the fact that my guide was being trashed on a certain website.  I won't list the site (I'm sure you all have some idea of what it is, if you're an author) as I don't care to give any attention at all to it, since it's filled with so much  negativity and children who obviously haven't been parented properly.  I say this, because if they had been, there is no way they would behave the way the do in such ridiculously disrespectful manners.  

Well, on this site there were these "children" (I use this term for anyone, no matter their age who behaves in childish ways) who were very upset that I shared in my book that my 20 plus year old daughter is still a virgin (Yes, I think that's awesome, too!!!!).  They said they had never read my book, would never read my book, etc yet they were posting these reviews.  Now, on Amazon, all the reviews that I've seen from actual readers of the guide, have all given it 5 stars.  (Thank you all!).  Luckily, I can't say that I've received a negative review there 'yet'.  But, I know they are out there.  How do I know this?  Because you cannot please everyone.  Eventually, someone will not like one of my books (I mean, an actual reader, not those children I referred to earlier), and when that time comes, here are 7 ways I will handle my bad book reviews:

1)  If the reviewer/reader is respectful, I will take the time to thank them for even reading my book.
2)  I will remember that each review is just one person's opinion, and everyone's entitled even if it's not in line with mine.
3)  I will smile and not take it personally.  I will keep in mind that the review is on my book and not me personally. (At least, hopefully)
4)  If the reviewer/reader has taken the time to point out some things he/she didn't like about the book, I will take the time to review those items to ensure that they were written to the best of my ability.
5)  I will use the bad review as motivation to create better and better work.
6)  I will not allow the review to get me down or depressed.  I will use it as a propellant to excel higher.
7)  I will smile and remember that no one can please everybody.

So there!  I laid it all out for you...the ways I will handle bad book reviews and I hope that you also use the tips when you encounter your first, your second, your third and beyond in the bad book review department.  It will happen.  It's the nature of the business we're in, we just have to roll with the punches, always with a bright attitude and a smile on our face.

I hope these tidbits were of some help to you because I have committed to embracing each and every one of  them when I get my first REAL one.  

Before I leave, I'd like to invite you to check out my blogs WATCH NONNIE WRITE! and ASK THE GOOD MOMMY.  There is never a dull moment at either.  If you enjoy what you read there, please feel free to FOLLOW my blog for updated blog posts.  I promise, your mailbox will never be over-run with posts from me, and I can guarantee that each post will enlighten, entertain as well as inform you.  

If you're interested in connecting with me via social media, I'm on Twitter daily @nonniejules and my Facebook handle is Nonnie Jules.  Please feel free to #Follow and Friend me.

I ask once again that you check out both my books at the links below as well as their trailers.  I also ask that you spread the word to your family and friends about each book.  And one more request, before you leave, please post a comment below as we authors love those.  For every comment posted on each stop on my tour, you will get one entry per day and at the conclusion of the tour, I will award 3 lucky winners.  For more info on the prizes, please click here.

Thanks again for having me and I hope it was enjoyable and informative to you all.  Until next time, I wish you much peace, love and great reads.


Nonnie Jules, Author
"...and her words breathe life onto paper"

CONTACT:
General Blog
Parenting Blog
Nonnie's Book Store - Signed Copies & more
Twitter:  @nonniejules


BOOKS:
"The Good Mommies' Guide to Raising (Almost) Perfect Daughters,"
100 Tips On Raising Daughters Everyone Can't Help But Love!

www.amazon.com/dp/B00CP62O56
www.createspace.com/4355124

"Daydream's Daughter, Nightmare's Friend
www.amazon.com/dp/B00GLM2VVM
TRAILERS:

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts, Nonnie! :-)

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Review is a good review. Those bad reviews will fall into the right hands and at the least it gets the conversation going. Keep up the Fight Nonnie!

    ReplyDelete