Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Broken City: Book 1 by D.D. Chant

     Deeta Richards was born in a fifty-eight floor building. It was her world.  Before Deeta was born, a banking crisis brought civilization to an end.  Families banded together to form tribes and buildings became the compounds where they lived.   Deeta and her family believe all is well until a secret comes out.  Tom, one of the guardians, tells the elders of the tribe they must move to a new compound after security is breached. An adventure begins that no one could have seen coming. 

     This is the most reasonable post- apocalyptic  book I've ever read! I thought it was very well put together and the characters are very relatable.  You will enjoy the fact these families have learned to work together for the good of their tribes.  I can actually see this happening.  You will want to follow this series to keep up with what is happening to all of your favorite characters and you will have many.  Get this one! It's a superior read!

     I didn't find any issues.


     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because this is one book I can really get behind. This author is amazing.


  LOOK BELOW FOR REVIEW OF BOOK 2 IN THE SERIES!


      Life has changed for Deeta Richards and her family.   Nothing is going as she thought it would. She is part of a new tribe and her attitudes are changing.  She's not sure she is ready for all of this.  Tom now has one of the most important jobs he's ever had.  Deeta worries for him every time he leaves the compound.  Danger is a very real part of their lives.  Can they move forward or will they be defeated.

     Book 2 in this series is just as fabulous as the first. Well written with characters you will love makes this a must read. Again, this is the most reasonable and most likely post- apocalyptic book out there.  You will enjoy learning the new way these families live.  I am in love with this series. Thanks for such wonderful books D.D. Chant!

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it blew me away! 



    

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for such lovely reviews! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed both books, I really appreciate being featured on your blog!

    DeeDee Chant. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read more of your work!! You are one of my faves now!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I can't tell you how nice it is to receive such a positive review. I hope you enjoy my other stories as well.

      DeeDee Chant. ;-D

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for being part of this tour & for your great reviews - Tonya

    ReplyDelete