Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Gathering Darkness by Lisa Collicutt

      Brooke is sixteen and her latest adventure gets her sent from the city for a YEAR! Her parents feel she'd be better off with family in the small town of Deadwich.  Brooke would rather be confined to her room for a year.  She has strange dreams and weird feelings about Deadwich. The only good thing about this year in the country is her cousin. They are best friends, so it should be tolerable.  Brooke never dreams she'd meet a guy.  Then things get really strange.

     Lisa Collicutt did a fantastic job with this. I enjoyed the characters and the plot was well done.  Ms Collicutt sends you in several different directions so you won't figure out what the real story is until the end.   I was fascinated by the depth of this book.  It really dug deep into the area of reincarnation and teen love.  I think the teen in your life will thank you for this book.

     I found only one issue. It seemed to drag in spots but then quickly recovered.

     I gave this one 4 out of 5 cheers because of the spots that seemed to move slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment