Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Awkward by Marni Bates

     Mackenzie Wellesley is a typical high school student.  Her friends are very important to her.  Then her life changes drastically.  The awkwardness they feel becomes almost tangible.  Someone video tapes Mackenzie after she flattens a football player with her backpack. It really is a hit.  Now Mackenzie just wants life to get back to normal but she's not sure it will ever happen.   

      Extremely well written and characters you'd find in any high school.  Sweet, funny, romantic and right on the button about the awkwardness a teen feels at that age.  Ms. Bates really knows how to relate to her readers and how to make them feel better about themselves.  Your teen will love this whole series of books.  It really touches on the things that matter most to teens.

     I found no issues.

      I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it really took me back to my high school days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment