Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Invisible ( Smith High) by Marni Bates

      Having the ability to be invisible at school is one thing, but when Jane Smith becomes invisible to her friends, she decides to fight back. Kenzie is busy with Logan and her popularity with a rock group. Corey is busy with his rock star boyfriend. Neither seems to have time for her any more. 
     Working on the school paper, Jane has remained in the background but that's about to change too.  Scott Fraser, the super photographer for the school paper has been given the task of watching over Jane as she tries to find her first story.  Jane was dealing with Scott constantly around.  He drove her crazy.  Could she stay invisible forever? Not if Scott has his way.

     Fabulous! This book really allows teens to see it's okay to embrace their own uniqueness.  I LOVE THAT! As someone who was invisible through school, I understand some of what Jane was feeling. Well written and characters so relatable you'll see friends in them.  Your teen should read this series. Marni Bates is a wonder at relating to teens on their own terms. 

     I found no issues in this one.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it really does a fantastic job of talking to teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment