Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sailors Take Warning by Malcolm Torres

     The Nimitz was at sea and had been for months.  Though romance was off limits on the ship, Kate Conrad and Terrance McDaniels found their romance there.  Life on a ship at sea is difficult. The long hours.  The loneliness and boredom seem to be endless.  Each sailor found ways to occupy his time, whether legal or not.  Kate and Terrance were the lucky ones. They had each other.  The Nimitz was testing new equipment and that meant even stricter rules for those aboard.  All anyone could think of was getting leave time in a fun port of call.   No one knew when that would happen though.

     Extremely well written with characters you will love and hate.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I found it entertaining, but educational too.  I learned more than I already knew about a sailor's life on board ship.  I was frightened of some characters, felt compassion for others and hated still others.  It felt as though I was on this ship watching these events happen.  My skin crawled, my heart raced and yours will too.  You will enjoy this book as much as I did. In the interest of full disclosure, the language and some scenes are very raw. Still it works with this book.  The final part of the book will make you question what you know.  By all means, buy this book!

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's time we had more books about Navy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment