Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tail Lights by Connie L. Smith

       Preston's life hasn't been the greatest. Her mother left the family when she was a baby. Now it's just her brother and her father, except her father hates her.  An epic breakup from the man she adored makes her jump right in when a music contract comes her way.  She and her band dive in and have a great career.  Then Preston started her destructive behavior.  The label tells her she needs time away.  They arrange for her to head home to Knoxville.  Preston's not sure about this but she knows she needs to mend some fences.  What she learns could destroy her or make her even stronger.

      Full of such heartache, this book really lays it all on the line.  I enjoyed the characters. Fleshed out and three dimensional, they feel like old friends.  I was happy to see the work that went into mending the fences and the effort it took to stay in Knoxville.  Excellent writing and some turns you don't see coming keep this book interesting throughout.  I love the friendships and how deeply they are rooted.  You will too.  It's emotional, but then what breakup isn't?  This one is worth the price of admission.  Get your copy and see why Connie L. Smith has become another of my fave authors.

     The only issue I found was with the song lyrics. I think they could have been better marked so you can tell definitively where they start and stop.  Great lyrics though.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because even though it has the lyric issue, it's not enough to take away from the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment