Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Purple Heart by Christie A.C. Gucker

    Sydney is a psychologist. Her work has her dealing with soldiers returning from war. She confident she can help these people get on the right track and make an easier transition home. When she meets Sargent Aiden Thane for the first time, she feels drawn to him. Unsure of the chemistry they share, she decides to take a slow, but personal interest in him. 

     First let me say, you will need the tissues for this book. Extremely well written and plotted, this is a must read. Ms. Gucker is very creative in the way she presents this story. You'll feel something nagging at you as you read, but like our leading lady, you'll overlook it for awhile. When it finally hits home, you'll be upset for her. I can't praise this book enough. It's a very real look at life for the soldiers after the war.

     I did find a couple of issues. Some spots seem a little dry. It's almost as if Ms. Gucker was afraid she was sharing too much. The other issue is the transitions from one subject to another. They sometimes read as incomplete. Still, this book is one you'll be talking about.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 for the two issues I mentioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment