Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Waterski Girl Wonder: A Journey of Perseverance. by Shellie Blum

     Shellie Blum was born with a reason to hide from the world. She didn't do that. Instead, her life became the biggest adventure you can imagine. She was good at every sport she tried. She even broke some barriers others wouldn't have thought of. Her heart and soul didn't know the words- give up. Her journey was one of spectacular highs and lows.

     Loved this book. It's the most inspirational book I've read in some time. Well written with descriptions so vivid you'll feel the water splash you, this author gave us her all.  This book is one every person who reads it will gain something from. Ms. Blum's honesty and pride can be felt throughout the book. It's refreshing to read a really honest book about someone's life. You'll be talking about this one for months and months. I shared it with my daughters and I noticed both of them walking with their head held just a bit higher than usual.  

     I did find one issue. I'd like to have learned more about her life now. I understand it wasn't a focus of the book, but it would have rounded it out a bit.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because if she can do it... so can I. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for this review, Melanie! My favorite thing is, you got the message. If I can do it, so can you. Keep on keeping on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a labor of love. *smile* I did get the chance to see you ski at Cypress Gardens.

      Delete
  2. Great story of perseverance. Easy read!Exciting and sometimes exhausting!!! Tough woman making her mark in waterskiing and the world! Make the next thing happen! Loved the book Shellie!

    ReplyDelete